Ultrasonic liposuction offers the advanced removal of fat for sensitive areas. The ultrasonic waves break down the fat, liquefying it and making extraction easier. This makes the procedure more effective and limits discomfort. Recovery times are often shorter than traditional liposuction.
Why Undergo Ultrasonic Liposuction?
- Ultrasonic liposuction Tennessee may be used in place of traditional liposuction with enhanced results. There are many cases where ultrasonic liposuction is a better alternative.
- Fibrous areas respond especially well to ultrasonic liposuction in Tennesseeul. This may include male breasts, face, neck, back and calves.
- This procedure can handle larger areas and greater volumes of fat removal than traditional liposuction. This is due to reduced bleeding during ultrasonic liposuction.
Your Ultrasonic Liposuction with Dr. Bharti
- Dr. Bharti will discuss all aspects of the procedure during your consultation. He will ask questions regarding your personal procedural goals. These answers and a visual examination will help him to establish a surgical plan.
- Generally, local anesthetic is given along with twilight sedation. In more extensive cases, general anesthetic may be used.
- Liposuction incisions are kept small and made in hidden locations near treatment areas. A thin suction tube, or cannula, is inserted into the incisions. The cannula emits ultrasonic waves that loosen and liquefy the fat. This fat is suctioned out through the cannula.
- After a sufficient amount of fat has been removed, the cannula is withdrawn. The incisions are closed using thin sutures. Multiple procedures may be necessary for higher volume situations.
What to Expect After Surgery
- Elastic bandages and compression garments are provided after surgery. These may be worn throughout recovery to improve healing and limit swelling.
- There may be some discomfort in the treatment areas for the first few days. This discomfort is often compared to soreness after a vigorous workout. Dr. Bharti can prescribe pain medication as needed.
- Your normal schedule or work may often be resumed in 3-5 days. More vigorous activity may need to be postponed for several weeks.
- Massage may be useful for comfort and improved healing. Additional ultrasound treatments or liposuction may be recommended.
- Traditional liposuction may be recommended depending on your specific situation. It may also be used in conjunction with ultrasonic liposuction Tennessee.
- If you have loose skin, body contouring surgery may be a better alternative. These procedures remove excess fat as well as sagging, inelastic skin. Body contouring can be customized to treat many areas.