Why Undergo A Mommy Makeover?
- If you are unhappy about your body shape after pregnancy, a mommy makeover may be right for you. The combination of the mommy makeover procedures restores a more youthful figure for women who have experienced childbirth.
- Common concerns include loss of breast volume, sagging breasts, excess fat and loose abdominal skin. During a mommy makeover, Dr. Bharti works to address all of these concerns. By combining procedures, you can get dramatic results during just one recovery period.
Your Mommy Makeover With Dr. Bharti
- Whatever your goals are for a mommy makeover, they can be discussed in detail during the consultation. Dr. Bharti will examine the areas of concern and then determine the best surgical plan.
- General anesthetic will be given before the surgery, or possibly a local anesthetic and sedation. The mommy makeover usually involves one surgical session that combines breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery.
- Breast Augmentation – Small hidden incisions are made in the armpit, areola or breast crease. A pocket is made for the breast implants above or below the pectoral muscle. The implants are inserted and secured in place.
- Tummy Tuck – An incision is made below the swimsuit line and above your pubic area. Excess fat and skin are removed, and the abdominal muscles are tightened. The navel may be moved to a higher position. The skin is stretched and the incisions are closed.
What To Expect After Surgery
- After surgery, a dressing and gauze pads are applied to the incision areas. Drains may be used to remove any fluid during the initial healing. You will experience some discomfort in the first few days, but prescription and over-the-counter medications can help. Compression garments are worn to minimize swelling and promote skin contraction.
- The bandages and drains may often be removed in two to four days. Stitches can be removed in stages over six to 10 days. Dr. Bharti will provide instructions about returning to normal activities.
- Swelling should go down within a few weeks, but may last for several months at a lesser degree. The final results of your mommy makeover are visible in four to eight weeks.
Mommy Makeover Alternatives
- In some cases, a breast lift is recommended to elevate sagging breasts. A combined breast lift and augmentation can be performed to lift the breasts while also adding volume.
- Liposuction can help slim down specific areas that have accumulated fat during or after pregnancy.