Pregnancy, weight fluctuations and aging can cause your breasts to gravitate downward. Breast lift surgery is a cosmetic procedure that can tighten, reshape and elevate your breasts to a perkier position.
Dr. Bharti performs a keyhole-shaped incision that travels around the areola and down toward the breast crease.
After tightening the tissue and reshaping the breast, he closes the incision.
In less severe cases, surgery can be done with an incision around the areola.
Why Undergo Breast Lift Surgery?
- A breast lift is capable of correcting several undesirable conditions: elongated or sagging breasts, thin stretched skin and overly large areolas. Breast deformities such as tuberous breasts also may be corrected through breast lift surgery.
- Many women find breast lift surgery to be emotionally rewarding and experience renewed self esteem and body confidence.
- As a general rule, the best candidates for any cosmetic procedure should be in excellent overall health and possess realistic expectations.
Your Breast Lift With Dr. Bharti
- Prior to surgery, your breasts will be marked and a general or local anesthesia combined with sedation will be administered.
- There are several methods of breast lift surgery. The best incision pattern for you will depend on how much lifting is needed. An incision may be made in breast crease, around the nipple, or extending vertically down from the nipple to the breast crease.
- Excess fat, glandular tissue and skin may be removed, repositioned or lifted to elevate the position of your breasts. The nipple is repositioned to a higher position and the skin that was previously above the nipple is brought down and sutured together.
What to Expect After Your Breast Lift in Johnson City
- It is realistic to anticipate some discomfort, bruising and swelling for several days. Dr. Bharti will provide you with prescription medication to control pain.
- You will need to wear a special surgical bra for at least two weeks during the day and at night to secure the breasts during recovery. Most patients are able to resume work, school and other social activities within a week of surgery. Exercise should be restricted for up to four weeks.
- There will be visible scars. Immediately following surgery, they will appear pink and slightly raised. The scars will never completely disappear, but they will gradually fade and flatten for up to one year.
Breast Lift Options
- Breast augmentation may be performed to improve the appearance of slightly sagging breasts. Women who wish to improve the overall size, shape and position of their breasts may elect breast augmentation in conjunction with a breast lift.
- Breast reduction may serve as an alternative to a breast lift for women who wish to reposition and reduce the overall volume of their breasts.