Your face is often the first region of your body to show signs of aging. A face lift is a popular cosmetic procedure that can effectively reverse these visible signs of aging through surgical enhancement.
The traditional facelift in Tennessee begins with an incision around the ear.
Dr. Bharti tightens underlying sagging tissue and loose skin, for a more youthful appearance.
Why Undergo Face Lift Surgery?
- If you feel that your face displays an older age than you feel, you may benefit from a face lift.
- When performed by a skilled surgeon, a Face Lift in Tennessee can lead to extremely gratifying results.
- Through surgery, Dr. Bharti can essentially re-contour your face by removing excess skin and fat around the face and neck regions.
- A face lift may also be ideal for younger patients who have been left with excess facial skin following major weight loss.
Face Lift Surgery With Dr. Bharti
- Prior to surgery, you will need to undergo a consultation with Dr. Bharti. You will be able to voice your specific goals and expectations for the procedure.
- A face lift can be performed under a general anesthetic or a local anesthetic combined with sedation. You will not be conscious during your procedure. Incisions made during a traditional face lift will be made in front of and behind each ear, extending toward the hairline. Incision length and pattern may vary depending on the extent of your face lift.
- Underlying muscle and tissue will be readjusted and repositioned. Liposuction may be used to suction excess fat deposits. Your skin will be tightened into place and excess skin and tissue will be trimmed away. External incisions will be secured with fine sutures.
What to Expect After Surgery
- It is common to experience some discomfort, swelling and bruising during the first several days of recovery. Cold compresses and elevation may be recommended to minimize these side effects.
- Dr. Bharti may provide you with prescription pain medication to manage your discomfort. The majority of your discomfort should resolve within a few days.
- You will need to return for a follow-up visit within a week of surgery. Stitches will be removed at this time and your progress will be monitored.
- Normal activities may be resumed in seven to 10 days. Strenuous exercise and direct sun exposure should be restricted for several weeks to ensure proper healing.
Face Lift Alternatives
- There are several variations of a traditional face lift. You may choose to specifically target the neck, upper or lower face.
- If you are particularly concerned with signs of aging present on your upper face, a brow lift may serve as an excellent alternative. Brow lift surgery can significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead and between the eyes.
- Non-surgical alternatives such as Botox® Cosmetic or dermal filler injections may provide temporary improvements. It is important to note that these treatments cannot remove excess skin.