Liposuction slims the body and improves your trouble areas of stubborn fat. The best candidates for liposuction are already in their target weight range. However, persistent fat deposits may remain despite your best efforts. These fat deposits can be removed through one of the most popular cosmetic procedures ever performed, liposuction.
For men, liposuction can sculpt the chest, flanks, and abdomen.
The buttocks, arms, thighs and and back are also common liposuction areas.
Women often elect liposuction of the hips and thighs.
Why Undergo Liposuction in Tennessee?
- To remove persistent fat deposits that do not respond to exercise
- To improve body contours and overall figure
- To accent body improvements and muscle tone that have been developed by exercise. Liposuction can remove fat deposits that may be obscuring a more toned physique.
Your Liposuction With Dr. Bharti
- At your initial consultation, Dr. Bharti will review your goals for the procedure. He will discuss your medical history and examine the treatment areas. Your surgical plan may include multiple sessions as needed.
- Various anesthetic methods may be used to ensure total comfort. These may include general anesthesia, local anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation.
- Small, hidden incisions are made at or near the treatment locations. A thin surgical tube, or cannula, is inserted in the incisions. The cannula is moved back and forth to loosen fat deposits. Fluid is often used to loosen the deposits and assist in removal.
- The loosened fat deposits are removed by suction through the cannula. The cannula is withdrawn and the incisions are closed.
What To Expect After Surgery
- The treatment areas are covered with an elastic bandage or compression garment. This limits swelling, holds the areas in place, and improves healing.
- Discomfort may occur in the days after the procedure. This is often similar to soreness after an intense workout. Medication may be taken if necessary.
- You should be able to return to work or normal activities in about four to seven days. Your recovery depends on a number of factors, and is different for each case. More strenuous activity may be resumed after three to five weeks. Swelling may obscure the final result until around this time.
- You may also be a candidate for ultrasonic liposuction. Using ultrasound energy, Dr. Bharti breaks up fat deposits for easier removal.
- For areas with sagging or excess skin, body contouring may be recommended. Dr. Bharti will remove excess skin and fat deposits to improve your figure after major weight loss. These procedures can be performed in addition to liposuction or separately.