The nose is the focal point of your face and has a significant impact on the overall harmony of your facial features. Rhinoplasty, otherwise known as a "nose job," is a surgical procedure performed to improve the proportion of your nose relative to your other features.
Why Undergo Rhinoplasty?
- Your nose can be reshaped, reduced or augmented to achieve improved facial harmony and enhanced self esteem. Rhinoplasty may also be combined with septoplasty (deviated septum repair) or endoscopic sinus repair to correct certain breathing problems.
- Deformities resulting from physical trauma or congenital defects may be repaired through advanced rhinoplasty techniques.
- Rhinoplasty in Johnson City is a major surgical procedure, so the best candidates are healthy and have realistic goals and expectations.
Your Rhinoplasty With Dr. Bharti
- During your one-on-one consultation, Dr. Bharti will examine your nose for symmetry, tip rotation, facial projection, size ratio and breathing function. He will then design a personalized treatment plan based on your cosmetic goals.
- Rhinoplasty is typically an outpatient procedure that requires one to two hours. General or local anesthesia combined with sedation will be administered prior to your procedure. Incisions are generally made inside of the nostrils. This allows for access to the underlying soft cartilage and bone, while also minimizing the risk of visible scarring.
- The underlying tissue, cartilage and bone will be reshaped or augmented using specialized tools. External incisions will be sutured with fine stitches. Internal packing and a nasal splint will be placed to secure your nose during recovery.
What To Expect After Surgery
- Bruising, swelling and discomfort is common during recovery. Dr. Bharti may provide you with oral medication to minimize pain.
- Work, school or other social activities may be resumed within 10-14 days of your procedure. Physical exercise or contact sports that may result in injury to your nose should be avoided for several weeks until your recovery has progressed.
- The final results of surgery may be obscured by swelling for several months. It is recommended that you wait at least six months before making a final assessment of your results.
- There are very few alternatives to traditional Rhinoplasty. A dramatic change in the size, shape or projection of your nose will require surgical intervention.
- It is possible to correct minor nasal irregularities using injectable fillers such as Restylane® or Juvederm®. It is important to note that these treatments only produce temporary results.