Lumenis Ultrapulse 5000
The fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing procedure offers maximum skin rejuvenation with minimal downtime. Dr. Bharti offers patients the Lumenis UltraPulse 5000, considered the gold standard of laser resurfacing. This procedure minimizes a wide range of facial lines, wrinkles and folds. Your treated skin will be smoother and more firm with an energetic appearance.
Why Undergo Laser Skin Resurfacing?
- This treatment provides smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles. It is especially effective around the eyes, upper lip, cheeks and forehead.
- Laser skin resurfacing gives improvement of uneven pigmentation or skin tone due to age spots. It may also smooth acne scars and other scarring.
- The Lumenis UltraPulse 5000 also treats loose skin. It is often used around the eyes and along the neck.
Your Laser Skin Resurfacing with Dr. Bharti
- Your initial consultation with Dr. Bharti will cover your medical history. You will discuss your goals for the procedure and develop a treatment plan.
- A topical anesthetic cream is often applied to the treatment area. This typically occurs about 30 minutes before the start of the procedure.
- The treatment involves the passing of the laser over the treatment area. It will deliver thousands of tiny pulses in a complex pattern over the skin. Each pulse heats a column of tissue, smoothing and evening the skin.
- The effect of the laser pulses on the tissue may be adjusted based on the treatment goals. Different options may be used to achieve the desired effect.
What to Expect After Treatment
- There may be some slight warmth during or after the procedure. This is often compared to a slight sunburn.
- You may often immediately resume your normal routines. A specific washing and moisturizing regimen will be given for the first few days. At this point, your old skin should begin to flake off.
- Your skin may be reviewed after 3-5 days to ensure everything is healing normally. Vigorous activity and make-up use may often be resumed at this time.
- There may be some pinkness in the treatment areas, which should disappear after 7-10 days. Your skin will often continue to improve in appearance for up to five months.
- In addition to laser skin resurfacing, mechanical resurfacing may be an option. This includes procedures such as microdermabrasion, which physically removes outer layers of skin.
- Facial fillers may be used to smooth facial aging signs. There are a wide range of these fillers, each offering unique benefits.
- More significant facial aging may be treated with surgical procedures. Face lifts, brow lifts and neck lifts provide dramatic improvements in skin tightness. These surgeries remove excess skin and fat deposits and surgically tighten skin.