A thigh lift in Tennessee can improve the contours of your inner or outer thighs. The surgery is often performed after extensive weight loss or pregnancy, when the body changes and excess skin and fat collects in the thighs. Often this excess may not respond even to focused exercise. During a thigh lift, Dr. Bharti can remove this tissue and restore a smooth, toned leg appearance.
Why Undergo a Thigh Lift?
- If you're bothered by loose skin and fat in your inner or outer thighs, a thigh lift may be right for you. Dr. Bharti can slim down these areas through liposuction and other surgical techniques, creating a more slender appearance in your thighs.
- Especially in the inner thigh, excess tissue can pose a cosmetic and functional problem. To make matters worse, this area rarely responds to diet and exercise.
Your Thigh Lift with Dr. Bharti
- During a consultation, Dr. Bharti will discuss your goals for thigh lift surgery. He will spend time reviewing your medical history and health, to ensure you are a suitable candidate. A detailed examination of your thighs will be performed.
- Thigh lift surgery is performed with general anesthesia, although local anesthetic with intravenous sedation may be an option in some cases.
- Incisions are typically placed in the inner thigh, but locations vary based on specific needs, and may be adjusted to suit personal wishes or clothing preferences. An inner and outer thigh lift in Tennessee can be performed during the same operation or separately.
- Dr. Bharti removes excess fat and loose skin, before stretching the skin and closing the incisions with fine sutures. Bandages will cover the incisions and drains will be placed to remove fluids.
What to Expect After Surgery
- Dr. Bharti will give you a compression garment that limit swellings and promotes good skin contraction. You'll wear this for the majority of your thigh lift recovery period.
- There may be some discomfort initially, which is often controlled through medication. Procedures with a larger scope sometimes require an overnight hospital stay. Any swelling or bruising should subside in about a month.
- While some strenuous activities can be resumed in just six weeks, full recovery may require 4 months or longer. During your consultation, Dr. Bharti will provide a recovery timeline for you, so you know exactly what to expect.
- For many patients, thigh liposuction is sufficient, especially for those who have good skin tone.
- If you have sagging skin in the hip and upper thigh area, Dr. Bharti may recommend a tummy tuck.
- Fat removed from the thighs may be processed and reinjected elsewhere in the body. One popular area for injection is the buttocks. This procedure, known as the Brazilian butt lift, helps to enhance projection of the buttocks for a more shapely figure.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Bharti
For more information about thigh lift surgery, please contact our Johnson City plastic surgery office. During a consultation, you can review past patient photos and discuss financial details. Please visit our contact page to schedule a consultation. Our office address is 325 North State of Franklin Road, Johnson City, TN 37604.