The neck is often one of the first areas of your body to show visible signs of aging. A neck lift is a cosmetic procedure performed to counteract the appearance of inelastic skin, band lines, and displaced fat deposits in the neck. During this procedure, Dr. Bharti can enhance neck contour and give you a sharper, more refined jawline.
Why Undergo Neck Lift Surgery?
- Excess fat or loose skin around the neck can obscure the natural contours of your face. A neck lift will refresh and rejuvenate your facial appearance.
- A Neck Lift in Tennessee can produce gratifying physical improvements for men or women who suffer with jowls, a double chin or a "turkey neck." These problems are often a result of significant weight loss or aging.
- As a general rule, the best candidates for neck lift surgery will possess good overall physical and emotional health, as well as realistic expectations.
Your Neck Lift With Dr. Bharti
- Neck lift surgery is typically performed on an outpatient basis using a general anesthetic or a local anesthetic combined with sedation. If your neck lift requires liposuction, it is typically performed first.
- An incision will be made underneath your chin. Excess fat will be broken up and removed using a cannula (a thin suctioning tube). Incision locations and lengths will vary based on the extent of your procedure. During a typical neck lift, incisions will be placed behind the ears and/or under the chin.
- Dr. Bharti will trim and lift your neck skin. He may also fold or remove sagging neck muscles that may be responsible for bands lines. External incisions will be secured with sutures. Surgical dressings and tape will be applied to the incision locations to minimize localized swelling.
What to Expect After Surgery
- You will need to wear an elastic compression garment around your neck for several days. This will reduce swelling and discomfort. Bruising will be present at the treatment site. Four about 7-10 days, your neck, jaw and ears may continue to exhibit signs of swelling. You should keep your head and neck elevated during this initial phase of recovery.
- Dr. Bharti will provide you with specific aftercare instructions. He may also prescribe oral pain medication and antibiotics to reduce pain and the risk of infection.
- Exercise may be restricted for several weeks, but you should be able to return to work and other social activities within 10-14 days.
Neck Lift Alternatives
- If you do not have loose skin, liposuction may be performed alone to remove stubborn fat deposits in your neck and chin area.